This role is responsible for the management of client assets and portfolios as overseen by the Investment Committee and Chief Investment Officer and as dictated by the Investment Policy Statements of our clients. This role is also the primary interface between Wealth Advisors and trading/operations and is tasked with facilitating and overseeing all day-to-day portfolio management and trading functions. This role reports to the Chief Investment Officer.
- Review daily deposit reports and invest excess cash according to models and Investment Policy Statements.
- Review called and matured bonds and work with Wealth Advisors to reinvest proceeds appropriately based on the client situation and market conditions.
- Create trades to raise cash, invest cash, rebalance portfolios, etc. based on client needs and in consideration of the Investment Policy Statement, market conditions, and collaboration with the Wealth Advisor on the relationship.
- Oversee the smooth and timely processing of all daily trading and recurring rebalancing functions in close collaboration with the Investments & Trading Associate.
- Review accounts holding individual bonds and recommend/enter appropriate rebalancing trades.
- Work directly with external bond brokers to identify and purchase individual municipal bonds that are appropriate for clients.
- Implement associated trades based on updates to client Investment Policy Statements.
- Develop a deep understanding of all internal trading and rebalancing processes, systems, and technology.
- Provide complete backup for all trading and rebalancing functions to the Investments & Trading Associate.
- Review and approve all daily trades and all rebalancing trades prior to final execution.
- Provide thought leadership in terms of continuing to enhance backoffice trading functions, systems, technology, processes, procedures, and communications.
- Serve as a communications bridge between backoffice operations/trading and client facing roles, both in terms of technology utilization and implementation of investments.
- Ensure that Willow Creek remains at the forefront of available trading technology and prudent utilization of existing tools in the most efficient manner while continuing to add client value.
- Oversee tax loss harvesting processes in collaboration with the Investments & Trading Associate.
- Oversee the ongoing monitoring of cash balances and margin balances in collaboration with the Investments & Trading Associate.
- Create and present thoughtful research on topics derived from the CIO or the Investment Committee.
- Serve as the co-chair of the Investment Committee.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Willow Creek Experience and be able to articulate our investment philosophy both internally and externally.
- Work closely in collaboration with Wealth Advisors to create new Investment Policy Statements and update existing Investment Policy Statements with an understanding of the portfolio design aspect as well as the creation of the associated client-friendly documentation.
- Self-starter with excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrates initiative within a congenial, team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate technical understanding to practical applications between internal stakeholders (i.e. Wealth Advisors and backoffice operations/trading)
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in finance or economics
- At least five years of experience in investment management or portfolio management functions
- Demonstrates significant drive and ambition toward career success
- Has a philosophical belief in the Willow Creek approach to investment management