This role serves as the primary facilitator and coordinator of marketing activities at Willow Creek Wealth Management, including social media, email communications, client events, website maintenance, and various other tasks detailed below. The individual in this role should have a creative mindset, excellent technical skills, and a desire to work closely with a motivated and efficient team. This role reports to the Director of Operations.
- Create and update ad copy to required specifications for marketing and sponsorship opportunities
- Track and manage social media posts and page maintenance on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Manage MailChimp account, templates, branding, etc.
- Use MailChimp to facilitate large scale client communications
- Produce and oversee writing of Quarterly Commentary
- Produce and facilitate quarterly email blast
- Manage and track current and new advertising campaigns
- Ensure all advertising and communications are in alignment with compliance requirements
- Maintain client facing materials and collateral and implement updates
- Maintain a consistent brand image across all marketing channels, digital/print materials, internal systems, etc.
- Create new presentation materials as needed
- Facilitate design, printing, and mailing of holiday cards
- Serve as lead client event planner including venue, food, speakers, and other logistics
- Facilitate design, sending, and tracking of event invitations
- Maintain the company website using WordPress
- Manage blog postings on company website
- Oversee and facilitate production of professional articles
- Organize logistics for client workshops/circles/focus groups/etc., including venues, food, etc.
- Interface with marketing vendors
- Produce and edit video content to be used for marketing and client education purposes
- Produce and edit podcast/audio content
- Proof and edit all written material
- Attend company sponsored events
- Regularly check competitors’ marketing programs and suggest new ideas
- Track advisor COI engagement
- Define and monitor key social media, website, and marketing metrics
- Manage, coordinate, and facilitate volunteer program for Willow Creek Team
- Self-starter with excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrates initiative within a congenial, team-oriented environment
- Has a creative mindset
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Has experience with the following software or demonstrates the ability to quickly learn:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- MailChimp or similar email communication tools
- Google Analytics
- GarageBand, Audacity, or similar audio editing software
- iMovie or other similar video editing software
- Is well-versed in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, including associated marketing tools
- Familiarity with Excel and general database use
Who Should Apply
If you are innovative, collaborative, and a creative thinker, you should put some time into telling us about that and why we should consider meeting you. Spend time researching our firm by visiting our website, watching our videos, reviewing our social media, and reading our blog. If Willow Creek and this position sound interesting to you, please include the following in your cover letter:
- Why you are a good fit for our team, our brand, and our culture
- How you can contribute to Willow Creek
- Examples of anything that highlights your work and accomplishments
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
WCWM is an SEC-registered investment advisory firm established in 1984. We are based in Sebastopol, CA with an additional office in San Rafael. We provide individuals, families, and small business owners with prudent, fiduciary financial planning and investment management services to help them accomplish their financial goals and minimize life’s challenges. We are fee-only, compensated solely by the fees paid directly to us by our clients. We implement investment portfolios based on Nobel-prize-winning academic research, and primarily structure our portfolios with passively managed mutual funds (given their lower costs and long-term expected performance).
We always put our clients’ interests first. We encourage our employees’ growth with educational and mentoring opportunities. As a family-friendly organization, we encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance.